Pastel Class with Chris Chapman
February 24, 2018 FULL May 19, 2018 FULL
10:00 am – 2:30 pm
Have you always wanted to try pastels? Join artist Chris Chapman for a fun and productive day creating small to medium size pastel paintings in the classroom. We’ll cover composition, values, and color shapes. All levels welcome! Bring your ideas, sketches, or photo references to inspire you. Chris will begin with a brief demonstration, then help everyone individually as they may wish. We’ll aim for one painting in the morning and another in the afternoon, abstract or realistic. Bring brown bag lunch for a short break at noon.
Both the Feb. 24th and the May 19th classes are currently at capacity.
To be added to the waitlist, please call 805-686-8315
Bring any or all of these:
- A plate you love with a cup
- Fruit and/or veggies for simple still life.
- Sketches you’ve done.
- Photo references taken by you.
- Relax and think freely.
- Sketch out abstract patterns you’ve been wanting to paint, ahead of time.
- Bring your own art supplies or purchase some from the instructor for $10.
- Chris recommends bringing chair cushions to elevate so your arms move freely.
- You’re welcome to bring your own easel if you prefer standing.