We love our volunteers!
One of the most precious gifts a person can make in these hectic times is the gift of their time and talent! We have a very small staff and we can’t do our jobs without the support of our wonderful volunteers. Our combination of art and nature seems to bring out the best in people, because our volunteers are fabulous, friendly and fun. The only thing they lack is more of them!
We have many areas that you could help in:
- Work in our store and greet visitors, answer their questions and ring up their sales
- Learn about our different exhibitions and tour groups through our gallery
- Interact with our visitors in the gallery with our new Art Cart!
- Help publicize our events, programs and exhibitions by distributing our materials
(brochures, postcards, flyers) throughout the community
- Help at our special events (including our Spring Barbecue, Art of Brunch and Holiday Marketplace!)
- Work in our offices and help with mailings, filings, store displays and more!
If you’d like to learn more, call Katie at 805-686-8315. Download our Volunteer Application HERE!
We host quarterly volunteer gatherings to learn the latest about museum happenings,
get to know each other better, answer questions, and get feedback about our operation and
visitors from our volunteers. We also host an annual Volunteer Recognition Event every December to properly celebrate our wonderful volunteers!