We love our volunteers!
One of the most precious gifts a person can make in these hectic times is the gift of their time and talent! We have a very small staff and we can’t do our jobs without the support of our wonderful volunteers. Our combination of art and nature seems to bring out the best in people, because our volunteers are fabulous, friendly and fun. The only thing they lack is more of them!
We have many areas that you could help in:
- Work in our store and greet visitors, answer their questions and ring up their sales
- Learn about our different exhibitions and tour groups through our gallery
- Help publicize our events, programs and exhibitions by distributing our materials
(brochures, postcards, flyers) throughout the community
- Help at our special events (including our Spring Barbecue, Art of Brunch and Holiday Marketplace!)
- Work in our offices and help with mailings, filings, store displays and more!
In turn the Wildling Museum provides the following benefits:
- A 15% discount in The Wildling Museum gift shop (excluding items that are consignment).
- A personalized volunteer badge.
- A volunteer handbook containing information about the Museum, current and planned exhibitions and events, and information that will assist you in fulfilling your responsibilities as a volunteer.
- Free admission to all Wildling public lectures.
- A monthly email with information on planned events, and other information pertinent to what is happening at the Museum. (If you do not have email access, a printed version will be available at the front desk in the gift shop).
- Priority in enrolling for classes and events.
- Opportunities to meet and learn from experts in the field of wilderness art.
- The honor of being associated with The Wildling Museum in a professional capacity.
Volunteer at the Wildling
If you’d like to learn more, call Mitra at 805-686-8315.
Please help us properly track your volunteer activity by completing this online activity form.
Volunteer activity is used in grants to help the museum reach funding and mission goals as well as ensure we properly acknowledge your contributions. You only need to fill in all the fields of name, email, date, and comment on what type of help and the estimated time.